- Add a heaping tablespoon (7-8 grams) of coffee to the pot per 200 ml of water
- Pour hot water, not boiling, into the pot, and gently stir
- Carefully reinsert the plunger into the pot but stop just above the water and ground coffee mix. (do not plunge yet)
- Let stand and brew for 3-4 minutes or more for a stronger flavour
- Press the plunger down slowly, exerting steady pressure
- Your fresh brew is ready. Enjoy it hot, cold or with a dash of milk
In the 1920s a marine engineer turned planter came to the Manjarabad Region and the panoramic view of the Western Ghats mesmerized him. He built a bungalow atop at hill in Karadibetta or the ‘mountain of the bears’ in the local tongue. At Karadibetta the weather is warm through the year with timely showers. The right mix of hot and damp weather at the high altitude favours the concentrated flowering and a healthy strain of coffee. Karadibeetta Estate is is famous for its Robusta “Kaapi Royale”. The Robusta here is found to be neutral and soft with a strong body and spicy notes.
Altitude: 900 - 1000 mtrs