- Add a heaping tablespoon (7-8 grams) of coffee to the pot per 200 ml of water
- Pour hot water, not boiling, into the pot, and gently stir
- Carefully reinsert the plunger into the pot but stop just above the water and ground coffee mix. (do not plunge yet)
- Let stand and brew for 3-4 minutes or more for a stronger flavour
- Press the plunger down slowly, exerting steady pressure
- Your fresh brew is ready. Enjoy it hot, cold or with a dash of milk
Merthi hills in Karnataka at 1,630 ft is the second highest peak in the state and rich in heritage, and bio-diversity. The Merthikan Estate of Tata Coffee is nestling in the foothills of the Merthi Hills surrounded by “Agumbe”, which receives the highest rain in Karnataka and “Kudremukh” a scenic hill station. The hills are also home to the famous Sringeripeeta by Adi Shankara, a revered saint in the 8th century, the Horanadu Annapoorneswari Temple and the Kaleswara temple. It is in this rich land that the Tata Coffee estate thrives with the rivulets that run through the Merthi Hills to join the majestic Bhadra river. The hilly wet regions of the estate support the growth of tea as well as coffee. Merthikhan is a one of a kind estate where Coffee, Tea and Pepper are cultivated.
Altitude: 1180 mtrs