- Add a heaping tablespoon (7-8 grams) of coffee to the pot per 200 ml of water
- Pour hot water, not boiling, into the pot, and gently stir
- Carefully reinsert the plunger into the pot but stop just above the water and ground coffee mix. (do not plunge yet)
- Let stand and brew for 3-4 minutes or more for a stronger flavour
- Press the plunger down slowly, exerting steady pressure
- Your fresh brew is ready. Enjoy it hot, cold or with a dash of milk
Valparai Estate is one of Tata Coffee’s largest coffee estates and is located on the Valparai Plateau in the Anamallais. Spread over 1200 hectares the Valparai Plateau is surrounded by four protected areas — Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Eravikulam National Park and Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary — and contains large areas of Tea, Coffee and Cardamom estates. The estate has a rich legacy to boast about. As early as 1846, one Mr. Ramasamy Mudaliar planted coffee in this region followed by the Karnatic Coffee Company in 1864. The thick forests around makes it home to a rich population of hornbills and endangered species like the lion tail macau, tiger, leopard, bison, cheetal deer and many more.
Altitude: 1070 mtrs