Dating back to the 1870s, the Jumboor Estate of northern highlands of Coorg is a throwback to times of the past. Set up by the British, the estate, brimming with seasonal springs and ‘no cultivation’ zones, is a nature lover’s delight. The 390-hectare estate lies on the eastern face of the range and blooms in its dreamiest best during spring when the coffee blooms. The Jumboor Estate is known for its Arabica coffees. The microlot used for the Anaerobic Fermented Coffee is unique in its taste and feel.
Altitude: 920-1150 mtrs
- Add 2 teaspoons ( 10 gms approx. ) of coffee to the upper part of the filter
- Place the plunger on top of coffee powder & pour 100 ml of hot water to the coffee
- Let the coffee soak and then cover the filter for 15 mins approx.
- Let the concoction steep through
- You can add milk and sugar as per your preference
- Add a heaping tablespoon (7-8 grams) of coffee to the pot per 200 ml of water
- Pour hot water, not boiling, into the pot, and gently stir
- Carefully reinsert the plunger into the pot but stop just above the water and ground coffee mix. (do not plunge yet)
- Let stand and brew for 3-4 minutes or more for a stronger flavour
- Press the plunger down slowly, exerting steady pressure
- Your fresh brew is ready. Enjoy it hot, cold or with a dash of milk