- Add a heaping tablespoon (7-8 grams) of coffee to the pot per 200 ml of water
- Pour hot water, not boiling, into the pot, and gently stir
- Carefully reinsert the plunger into the pot but stop just above the water and ground coffee mix. (do not plunge yet)
- Let stand and brew for 3-4 minutes or more for a stronger flavour
- Press the plunger down slowly, exerting steady pressure
- Your fresh brew is ready. Enjoy it hot, cold or with a dash of milk
Cauvery begins her journey in Talakaveri, and like a nurturing mother, she flows sustaining the lifeline of the dwellings on her banks. And on her banks lies the Cannoncadoo Estate, which was planted by one of the pioneer planters in the region Mr. J P Hunt in the 1860s. In 1920s the first lot of coffee was planted in the Banjigerrey Division of the Cannoncadoo Estate and It was like man and nature worked together to yield some fine produce. Today, as one drives through the Sidapur – Madikere stretch, the well trimmed Duranta fence heralds your arrival to the Cannoncadoo estate. The estate has an exciting range of trees under whose shade grows the irrigated Robusta of Cannoncadoo. The exalted ‘Robusta Kaapi Royale’ known for its good body, light acidity and soft liquor is a product of this fertile land.
Altitude: 1100-1180 mtrs