- Add 2 teaspoons ( 10 gms approx. ) of coffee to the upper part of the filter
- Place the plunger on top of coffee powder & pour 100 ml of hot water to the coffee
- Let the coffee soak and then cover the filter for 15 mins approx.
- Let the concoction steep through
- You can add milk and sugar as per your preference
Valparai Estate is one of Tata Coffee’s largest coffee estates and is located on the Valparai Plateau in the Anamallais. Spread over 1200 hectares the Valparai Plateau is surrounded by four protected areas — Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Eravikulam National Park and Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary — and contains large areas of Tea, Coffee and Cardamom estates. The estate has a rich legacy to boast about. As early as 1846, one Mr. Ramasamy Mudaliar planted coffee in this region followed by the Karnatic Coffee Company in 1864. The thick forests around makes it home to a rich population of hornbills and endangered species like the lion tail macau, tiger, leopard, bison, cheetal deer and many more.
Altitude: 1070 mtrs