- Add 100ml warm water to the lower chamber of your Moka Pot.
- Add 10g of coffee in the filter basket.
- Screw the upper chamber and lower chamber together.
- Heat on medium flame until you hear a gurgling sound, or when you see the water has finished bubbling through.
- Immediately pour into your cup.
Valparai Estate is one of Tata Coffee’s largest coffee estates and is located on the Valparai Plateau in the Anamallais. Spread over 1200 hectares the Valparai Plateau is surrounded by four protected areas — Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Eravikulam National Park and Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary — and contains large areas of Tea, Coffee and Cardamom estates. The estate has a rich legacy to boast about. As early as 1846, one Mr. Ramasamy Mudaliar planted coffee in this region followed by the Karnatic Coffee Company in 1864. The thick forests around makes it home to a rich population of hornbills and endangered species like the lion tail macau, tiger, leopard, bison, cheetal deer and many more.
Altitude: 1070 mtrs