- Add a heaping tablespoon (7-8 grams) of coffee to the pot per 200 ml of water
- Pour hot water, not boiling, into the pot, and gently stir
- Carefully reinsert the plunger into the pot but stop just above the water and ground coffee mix. (do not plunge yet)
- Let stand and brew for 3-4 minutes or more for a stronger flavour
- Press the plunger down slowly, exerting steady pressure
- Your fresh brew is ready. Enjoy it hot, cold or with a dash of milk
About 20 km from the Manjarabad Fort (Constructed by Tipu Sultan in 1792) lies the Goorghully Estate nestling at an elevation of 1040 mtr. The estate was started by planters F G Foster, Margret Brook and others in 1940. The estate is divided into 3 divisions; the Goorghully & Soondhully divisions in the Hassan District and the Hoshully in the Mudigere Taluk. The estate is best recognised for producing a delectable cup of Arabica coffee. Goorghully is a mixed estate with 40% area cultivated with Arabica and 60 % with Robusta.
Altitude: 910-1040 mtrs